- Most items are due 3 weeks after they are borrowed.
- For most overdue items the borrower is charged 10 cents a day.
- DVD’s are due 1 week after they are borrowed.
- The overdue fine for DVD’s is $1.00 a day.
- Book Return and Media Return Boxes are available on the front porch. They may be used at any time. Please put CD’s, Books on CD, and DVD’s, in the Media Return Box and not the Book Return.
- Items borrowed at YHPL may be returned at any participating library.
- To get a library card, you must provide identification and proof of address.
- There is no fee for your first card. If it is lost, there is a $1.oo replacement fee.
- The library has Internet-enabled computers available for public use. There are five for adults (18 and over) and five in the Children’s Room for kids. Patrons must have a valid Four County Library System library card with less than $5 in fines on it to use the computers. If one of the computers is free:
• Sit down
• Enter your library card number
• Begin your session. If all of the computers are in use, check with the staff at the circulation desk to reserve the next available computer.
- Patrons get a total 60 minutes of computer time per day. It may be used in multiple sessions, but you must have at least 10 minutes left on your card to begin a session.The computer will keep track of your time and give you a warning before your time is up.The system will log you off automatically when your time is over. Be sure to save your work.If you finish before your 60 minutes is up, click the ‘log off’ button to save the rest of your time.Patrons can “lock” sessions and step away or up to ten minutes. The time will still be counted.Guest cards will be made available for those from outside Broome, Tioga, Chenango, Otsego, & Delaware Counties in New York, and from outside Northern Pennsylvania. Guests are only eligible for this privilege for a two week period, extendable at the discretion of the library director.
- Patrons may print from the public computers. When ‘Print’ is clicked, the system will display a job number, the total number of pages to be printed and the total fee (15 cents per page). Pay for your pages at the circulation desk first and library staff will send your print job to the printer.Privacy Statement
While the systen will keep track of the time you spend on the library computers, it will not monitor or record your activities.
If you enroll in the voluntary program you will receive e-mail messages:
- Two days before items are due (courtesy notices)
- When an items becomes two weeks overdue
- When a reserved item becomes available
To enroll, send an e-mail with your name and a contact number to JC.email@example.com. Patrons signing up for e-notices will still receive postal notices when items are four weeks overdue.
- Most items may be renewed once in person or over the phone.
- You can also renew many items online through our online catalog.
- DVD’s may not be renewed.
- Most items may be placed on reserve for 25 cents per item.
- Items will be held 48 hours after notification.
- Patrons who do not pick up their reserve will be charged 50 cents per item.
- Patrons can be notified of available reserves by e-mail- ask at the circulation desk.
- You can now place reserves online through our online catalog.