If you enroll in the voluntary program you will receive e-mail messages:
- Two days before items are due (courtesy notices)
- When an items becomes two weeks overdue
- When a reserved item becomes available
To enroll, send an e-mail with your name and a contact number to JC.firstname.lastname@example.org. Patrons signing up for e-notices will still receive postal notices when items are four weeks overdue.
- Most items are due 3 weeks after they are borrowed.
- For most overdue items the borrower is charged 10 cents a day.
- DVD’s are due 1 week after they are borrowed.
- The overdue fine for DVD’s is $1.00 a day.
- Book Return and Media Return Boxes are available on the front porch. They may be used at any time. Please put CD’s, Books on Tape, and DVD’s, in the Media Return Box and not the Book Return.
- Items borrowed at YHPL may be returned at any participating library.
- To get a library card, you must provide identification and proof of address.
- There is no fee for your first card. If it is lost, there is a $1.oo replacement fee.
- Most items may be renewed once in person or over the phone.
- You can also renew many items online through our online catalog.
- DVD’s may not be renewed.
- Book on CD that are part of the circuit collection may not be renewed
- Most items may be placed on reserve for 25 cents per item.
- Items will be held 48 hours after notification.
- Patrons who do not pick up their reserve will be charged 50 cents per item.
- Patrons can be notified of available reserves by e-mail- ask at the circulation desk.
- You can now place reserves online through our online catalog.